Getting a divorce is a big decision. You and your spouse have decided to move in different directions and embrace a new future, but that doesn’t mean you need to get bogged down in an expensive, drawn-out process. Divorce can be easy and affordable, especially if you get an uncontested Richmond divorce.
Our clients live throughout the state of Virginia, including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Chester, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding towns. An office visit is usually not necessary for an uncontested divorce case. Most clients prefer the convenience of discussing their case with us by phone, online chat and email. However, we are always glad to meet with clients in our offices.
Contact the Law Office of Michael Ephraim if you’re interested in an uncontested divorce in Richmond, VA. We work with clients from all over the state, and we would love to help you through this time in your life.
Requirements for an Uncontested Richmond Divorce
An uncontested divorce is for people who agree to the main terms of their divorce. They simply want to wrap up the legal elements of the process so they can move forward with their lives. Here are the requirements set by the state of Virginia:
The couple must have resolved any arguments about asset distribution, child custody arrangements, spousal maintenance, or other significant issues relating to the relationship. This is meant to be an amicable process in which both parties are ready to end the marriage and are willing to sign the documents to finalize the divorce.
One spouse must have lived in Virginia for the last six months.
The couple must have been separated for at least six months, or for one year if they have minor children. The law allows for the couple to fulfill this requirement while still living under the same roof. Our legal team can help you understand what steps to take to satisfy the law in this regard.
Please contact us if you have additional questions about an uncontested Richmond divorce. We have extensive experience guiding clients through the divorce process, and we are more than happy to answer your questions.
Uncontested Richmond Divorce Options
Our options for divorce are finalized with no court appearance. Instead of appearing in court, you sign an affidavit confirming the basic facts of the case. No office visit is necessary either. We offer a two-week and five-week option, and the only difference between them is the length of time and the cost. You can expect to spend a bit more for the expedited two-week divorce over the five-week divorce.
Both plans include a simple separation agreement drawn up by our legal team. Our focus on uncontested divorce and our experience enable us to complete the process so quickly.
Why Do Clients Select Our Law Firm for an Uncontested Divorce?
Clients choose our firm for a range of different reasons. They come to us for the speed and the prices, but they also appreciate our extensive experience and commitment to satisfaction. Here are the top reasons clients come to the Law Office of Michael Ephraim when they want an uncontested Richmond divorce.
- We finalize our divorces quickly. If you need your divorce fast, our 5-week Virginia divorce may suit your needs. If you need your divorce faster, please consider our 2-week Virginia divorce.
- Our attorneys and support staff are always glad to talk with you, whether by phone or in person. We are always available to provide you with the latest developments for your case. Our office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We also respond to intake forms and online chat inquiries on
- Our office is 100% dedicated to uncontested Virginia divorce. Our staff members are highly trained in Virginia divorce procedures, and have the experience to answer your questions. Our attorneys are in contact with the courts on a daily basis, finalizing uncontested divorces.
- Our fees are low. Our fees for an uncontested divorce have remained affordable since our law firm opened in 1995. Our satisfied clients have referred many family members, friends and co-workers, acknowledging our superior service and reasonable fees.
- Uncontested divorce is meant to be a fast and simple process, and our professional team is expert at making it just that. We have innovated several ways to streamline the process to minimize any problems and eliminate frustrations on your end.
We also have done thousands of divorces over the last 25 years. Be assured that we will give your case the high degree of attention it deserves.
These are just a few of the reasons people come to us and recommend us to their friends and family. You will see the difference when you contact us about your divorce.
Contact the Experts if You’re Seeking a Richmond Divorce
You can get divorced without breaking your budget, and you don’t need to disrupt your schedule with lengthy court hearings when you work with the Law Office of Michael Ephraim. We can handle most of the process over the phone and through email. Please contact us today so we can go over the details of your Richmond, VA, divorce. You can also complete our online intake form if you’re eager to get started.